Some are easily intimidated by a blank page when it comes to creating content. But not me – I love it!
Content creation is SO important when you have a small business. I was lucky enough to get away without doing it for the past 2.5 yrs only because I got enough referrals that I simply didn't need to create any content. But if you want to scale your business, you can't live off of referrals forever! Alas, here we are.
I'm naturally a creative writer at heart – I've been that way since I can remember. So writing or editing copy, captions, and blog posts is no sweat for me. However, not everyone is a writer and many struggle for ideas of what to even share online for their business.
Content creation is a beast that must be tamed though. Here's why...
1) Regularly sharing quality content establishes you as an expert in your niche, which makes you someone a client can easily trust when they're looking to invest.
2) There's a lot of noise out there online and if you aren't making any, how will your clients know you're there? It doesn't always have to be written – you can create video or audio content, too.
3) Creating content ups your SEO, which means it's great for helping your ideal client organically find you online without having to rely on paid ads.
4) Content allows a dialogue to open up between you and potential clients. You can engage with your target audience in the comments or inbox, which gives them a chance to like you before they even work with you.
5) Creating content allows for self-discovery. Perhaps it's cheesy to say and this is a less talked about thing – but putting yourself out there online does take courage. If you are shy, lack confidence, or are introverted (like me!), then owning a business or creating content is likely out of your comfort zone. But by doing it, you will not only help your business grow, but help yourself grow, too.
If you struggle with content creation, I'd love to ask you why that is. Send me an email and let's chat!